Welcome to the Wayfarer Tree House, a charming and unique Scandinavian home located in the heart of the most sought after and upscale neighborhood of Lake Leelanau; the North Lake. This fully renovated home is considered a local gem to the neighboring residents due to it’s one of a kind Nordic style and décor, offering a unique experience for Northern Michigan! Our home is directly across from North Lake Leelanau, within a 10 min walking distance to direct lake access where you can enjoy swimming, launch your kayak, or sit on the dock and watch the sunset.
Sitting high with tranquil views; this wooded setting offers guests instant ease and relaxation. Enjoy the homes beautiful architecture and Hygge style interior furnishings or step outside and enjoy our large treelined back deck and wood burning fire pit which makes the perfect hot dogs, smores, and campfire sing-alongs. We also provide a charcoal grill on the deck directly off the kitchen for easy grilling access.
Walking into the home, you are immediately transported to a Swedish country style cottage, with enormous high ceilings and tons of natural light piercing through our abundance of windows, giving the space an airy and open feeling. The house comfortably sleeps 6 guests, between two queen bedrooms and a third bedroom offering two twin beds. There are two full bathrooms as well as a common guest bathroom on the main floor. Our simple and open chefs’ kitchen is well-equipped for easy cooking and serving, complete with a convection oven and gas cooktop. The Hygge design cabinets discreetly hide the pantry, modern refrigerator / freezer, and ample drawer organizers complete with dishes, flatware, supplies, microwave, and the dishwasher.
Our home comes fully stocked and prepared with ECO-friendly kitchen and bath products. There is also a fully functional basement to store your suitcases, large coats, ski equipment, inflatables, extra dry goods, and laundry room. A brand-new Samsung Smart TV in the family room provides all the major steaming apps (Netflix, Apple+, HBO Max, Disney+ etc.).
Enjoy year around comfort and climate control. During spring and summer, you can open more than 20+fully screened casement windows and enjoy the refreshing lake breeze! In autumn and winter, you will stay warm and cozy with our modern in-floor radiant heating. Portable AC units and extra heaters are also available should they be required.
Master Bedroom: queen bed w/ ensuite bathroom and patio
Bedroom 2: queen bed
Bedroom 3: two twin beds
Bathroom 1: master w/soaking tub
Bathroom 2: guest half-bathroom
Bathroom 3: upstairs shared w/shower
Parking: ample for up to 6 cars and a boat.
Amenities: Located in the heart of the Leelanau wine trails with many nearby beaches and water access! Guests can enjoy immediate hiking or biking right off the property, along with artisanal experiences such as Farm Club, Riverside Inn, and Wren The Butcher.
· 5-10-minute walk (.3 miles) to a public access inlet to North Lake Leelanau. This can be found when you turn right out of the driveway, .3 miles down the road you will see a "Porters Landing" sign. Turn down that road and you will see the small access point!
· 5 minutes’ drive to multiple public boat launches into North or South Lake Leelanau.
· 5 minutes’ drive or 15 minutes bike ride to the town of Lake Leelanau, which offers lakeside wine tasting and entertainment at Boathouse Vineyards, the legendary Dicks Pour House, Northern Latitudes Distillery, and NJ’s Store for groceries and freshly prepared Indian cuisine!
· 7 minutes’ drive to the Amish farm, 9 Bean Rows for the best homemade breads, organic sandwiches, and brick oven pizzas in northern Michigan.
· 9 minutes’ drive or 25 minutes bike ride to the famous Fishtown in Leland packed with boutique shops and eateries.
· 11 minutes’ drive or 35 minutes bike ride to Suttons Bay, enjoy ample high-end restaurants, including the famous Hop A lot Beer Garden, local shops and entrance to the gorgeous 17-mile Leelanau Bike Trail
This home invites you to bring your furry friend on your trip to Northern Michigan! Please know, we collect a $100 pet fee. After you have confirmed your reservation, we ask that you message us to let us know you will be bringing your pet(s), and we will then send the additional charge of $100 over! We do not allow for any more than 2 pets per stay.
Traveling with children? We have a highchair and pack'n'play on site for use!
*The basement is NOT child friendly and under no circumstances should children access the basement due their safety and the security of the owner’s personal property.